Thursday 18 November 2010

R&B Music Magazine

My R&B/Hip Hop magazine cover is very different to the other two. I chose to use a white background to enable me to use bright text colours for my foreground. Having a white background allows all text on the cover to really stand out and catch the readers' eye. I felt that using bright colours will not only attract the usual fans but also potentially attract a new, broader fanbase. This magazine has a younger target audience which slightly made the magazine easier to do. I chose to use the title of 'Stacks!' to again target the intended audience. 'Stacks' relates to the genre of the magazine as it is a slang word relating to money. Money is a very powerful, important feature of the R&B/Hip Hop genre so I thought relating my title to money could be effective. R&B/Hip Hop magazines usually include lots of interviews and stories; due to this I chose to use my main story as an interview. R&B/Hip Hop magazines also include lots of gossip so 'Is Nicki Minaj's ass real?' is a suitable article too. For this genre of music magazine, I decided that using formal English language wouldn't accept or fit the stereotypes of this genre. Using words like 'ass' and 'sexy' are suitable for this genre of music magazine whereas it wouldn't be for a Metal magzine for instance. I chose to use this image because of how it represents the music genre. This is a sexualised, slick, immaculate image with a sexual pose, black powerful minimal clothing, big body features, and a powerful facial expression. The black clothing on a white background makes the image striking and powerful. The minimal clothing also shows that this genre is all very much about your image, especially within the female gender. The image strongly conveys the power and importance women have within the R&B/Hip Hop industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment