Thursday 18 November 2010

Metal Music Magazine

I chose to use this image for my Metal magazine as it fits the heavy metal, punky stereotype perfectly. The image shows a woman with a pale white face, long bleach blonde straggly hair. This shows death and coldness which relates to the stereotypes of this music genre. The black leathers and black eye makeup show masculinity and the tough personality of the woman. I thought this image was suitable, not only because of her image but also because of the setting. The image is set in a cold Cemetry like environment which fits the whole genre and stereotype of heavy metal. For the name of the artist 'Katie Assassin' I chose to use the colour red as the connotations of red are danger, warning and blood. These three things are also associated with the heavy metal genre. Dark colours are also what you would associate with metal which is why I used those rather than bright, pretty colours. I used more advertisements and articles on this magazine as I feel music is an important factor within metal/rock. The artist could possibly be holding the Guitar in the image to portray her love for music too. I used bold fonts and capital letters to give the tough, angry impression. I always feel as though I am being shouted at when reading wording in capitals, so I also wanted to give this feeling to readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment