Thursday 18 November 2010

Indie Music Magazine

For my indie magazine cover, I chose a stereotypical image of an indie style music artist.With the long scruffy hair, casual style clothing, skinny jeans, brogues, tie and blazer; this artist represents indie style stereotypes perfectly. By using this image, the intended audience of the magazine are immediately addressed and targeted. I chose to use simple, calm colours to not only match with the artists clothing but also, because I felt they would fit the stereotype more. The indie style isn't as in your face, loud and bold as the other magazine types. The colour scheme appeals to both male and female of different ages. I chose to use minimal text as I felt lots of text was unnecessary.  With a simple font and basic left to right allignment, the text is all easy to see and read. I chose to name my magazine 'Century 21' as I felt that the indie style is becoming more and more popular in the present day. It is a simple title with a slight edge, just like the indie style. I placed 'The Independent Music Magazine' under the title as it could possibly attract more readers to the magazine and increase its fans. I used my main story as 'Exclusive interview with the Klaxons' to also attract and increase the magazines fanbase as the 'Klaxons' are a popular indie band. The indie style is usually very music based which is why my magazine is focused on music. My sub-title and main article are music orientated rather than image focused. I feel that this is my best magazine cover, however if I was to improve my magazine I would make a few changes. I would possibly add at least one more music article and maybe advertise upcoming Gigs and make a magazine logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment